Surprise yourself with the beauty and practicality of the masonry sofas! Know your advantages.
For those who want to get out of the classic decor, which most often uses wood, one option is the masonry sofa.
It is necessary to know its exact measurement, its length, width and height, as well as what type of cushion / backrest and seat will be used. And therefore, the hiring of an architect will be indispensable, given that the masonry sofa is a definite option, and can not be changed and consequently, the room decoration can not be much altered.
When well built, with quality materials, and used cushions / backrests and well chosen accents, they will give a special touch to the decoration, for its exclusivity.
How about this example? Surprising, is not it? This sofa can be made of both wood and masonry. Image: MayfairPenthouse – Houzz
- The choice for a masonry sofa, will leave theenvironment differentiated, without another equal;
- As they came back with full force, give acontemporary and modern air to the place where they are built;
- It is perfect for those who want tosave space, especially in small places, as they can be made next to the wall, tailor-made;
- The price is often lowerthan the conventional, and compensates for the exclusivity;
- Itsdurability is great;
- Theease of being able to vary the colors and texture of the cushions / backrest, as well as the part of masonry, allows to give a new aspect to each exchange with much originality;
- In addition to its use in “raw” masonry,may be coated with paint, wood, laminate and other coatings that combine with the existing decoration;
- Its maintenance isvery easy to do, it facilitates the cleaning , mainly in places of great circulation, making possible the washing of the floor until the base of the sofa, without harming the structure;
- In the houses by the sea the greatadvantage is the resistance to the humidity and the sea, since they do not grind and they do not rust what facilitates the maintenance;
- Because it can be constructed according to the size of the walls of the room, it will have plenty of space,accommodating several people in comfort.
- Do not just choose the model, itwill require the help of a professional to design it and skilled labor to run it;
- Since itis fixed, it will have to remain so always; Without possibility of changes in layout;
- The backrests, seats and cushions should be of qualityto guarantee the comfort and beauty of the masonry sofa;
How Is Done
After determining where the sofa will be constructed, the room should be empty, or with the remaining furniture covered, as the construction will cause dust and dirt.
The masonry sofa, also called nowadays “built sofa”, which translated would be “sofa built”, could be made with bricks, concrete blocks and plaster. The lower part can be coated with wood, giving a more cozy look.
In places that suffer from inclement weather, such as sea, humidity or cold, a wooden platform may be placed on the masonry base. This stage acts as a thermal insulation and also facilitates the circulation of air between the concrete and the foam of the seat. Under this platform, a space may be left to store various utensils.
Clean, sophisticated and amazing design. Image: HomeDSGN
The durability and price of furniture are important aspects at the time of your choice. Furniture that does not resist the effects of water and time becomes disposable.
This fragility that we find in ready furniture, has led architects and customers to look for an alternative type of furniture, more resistant and to order.
The masonry furniture itself, the sofas, have been remodeled and nowadays are more beautiful and modern, and can fit in an elegant and sophisticated way in any environment.
But an item should be noted when choosing this type of sofa: it can not be moved! Therefore, as we have already said, the place where it will stand, should be well defined to avoid future hassles.
Sofa made of masonry, with wood paneling and white upholstery. Image: Amazing House Design
Where To Use It
This type of sofa is usually more used in the living room, but as can be done in various models and measures, it can be built in the dining room, TV room, office, balcony, clinic receptions, and even in rooms .Everything will depend on their size and the number of places they want, for one, two, three, four or more people.
What was once usually built in a cottage or beach, today has become a beautiful, practical and economical option for any residence, provided it is run by a competent professional who will give you a great finish.
Cushions, Backs And Seats
They are essential for the masonry sofa to be comfortable and beautiful.
They can have the most diverse sizes, formats and colors. It is also possible to buy several covers to change from time to time, giving a refreshing air to the environment.
The size should be compatible with the measures of the sofa, allowing them to fit perfectly, giving the same a perfect finish.
And it is this diversity of colors and prints that will give the charm and sophistication to the masonry sofa, making it combine with the rest of the decoration of the environment, creating a unique and exclusive space.
The base color of the masonry should be chosen according to the environment, where often the finish is done with texturing.
Mitchell Gold Clifton Sectional Sofa Unique Leather Living …
Sandtex Umberstone Smooth Masonry paint 0.15L Tester pot …
Sandtex Gravel Smooth Masonry paint 0.15L Tester pot …
Colours Sandstone Beige Matt Masonry Paint 5L …
@ Manhattan Side Table by Sunset West Online.
Outdoor Fireplace with pizza oven – Traditional
Modern Washington D.C. Row House | iDesignArch
Ep Henry Block Wall 2 Ep Henry Coventry Wall Block …
45 Beautiful Living Room Decorating Ideas (Pictures …
Cultured Stone – Exterior – Traditional – Porch
Cultured Stone Veneer – Exterior – Traditional
Outdoor Fireplace with Pizza Oven – Traditional
OGR Gallery Zero-Clearance Electric Fireplace Insert in 36 …
Can you install stacked stone over brick on exterior …
Infinity Edge Perimeter Overflow Pool Design in NJ …
37 Gorgeous Living Rooms with Hardwood Floors
Pavers On Concrete Driveway Permeable Concrete Pavers …
Sandtex Masonry Filler 500G | Departments
Dulux Weathershield Pure brilliant white Smooth Masonry …
50 Trendy Gray Rooms