You may have heard this sad statistic out there: Domestic accidents are responsible for a large proportion of the serious injuries that drive people to hospitals every day. Cuts and burns are among the main villains, but simple objects that we have at home are also capable of hurting (and very) a person.
According to data from the APSI (Association for the Promotion of Child Safety), although fatalities have decreased, hospitalizations of children due to domestic trauma still remain the leading cause of death by age 18 (March / 2013 data) .
Most of the time, these traumatic situations can be avoided if proper precautions are taken. There are a few simple rules that can help you stave off the risk of domestic accidents. If there are children in your home, then, that’s where care needs to be redoubled and the rules followed in the right way! Do not waste time and start checking if your home is even a safe environment for everyone.
Care of the structure of the house
- Stairs are attractive to children in their early stages of life. If your child is already walking, it’s time to pay special attention to the stairs. Install gates and grills at the beginning and end of the ladder. There are some models on the market with easy installation to keep the little ones away from the steps.
- In apartments, install grills and screens on the windows and doors leading to balconies and balconies. Do this as soon as possible, even if the child still does not walk.
- When choosing electrical outlets and appliances, do not skimp: this may even be an initial hitch for you, but it will be worth it. The risk of shocks and shorts is much greater if you opt for products of dubious quality, so in this case, whenever you can, opt for products of well-known brands.
- Use surge protectors to protect children who crawl from the risk of shock. They are easily found in construction shops.
Storage of products and objects
- Have a box of medicines and try to keep them in a safe place and if possible, locked the key. Choose a shelf or closet for this and be sure to always check the expiration dates for each medication. Always keep them in their original packaging, along with the package inserts, so you can remember what the
- product’s purpose is .
- Cleaning products should also stay on top. Invest on a shelf and store them all at the top of the room. Another important tip is to never dump the product into pet bottles of soda, so as not to attract children’s attention.
- Coins, scissors, costume jewelry, and other small objects should never be stored in easy-accessible bedside tables or low drawers to prevent the child from putting the object into his mouth and choking.
- Cosmetics also deserve special attention. Do not give the packs for play or leave them in an easily accessible place.
- Also take care of household wires. When not in use, wrap the wires and hold them on the worktop next to the machine. This prevents the child from pulling, at the risk of falling on his head.
- Knives and other sharp objects should remain in their own drawers and preferably sealed with appropriate fasteners. These small latches prevent the opening of drawers and doors, causing the child to lose interest in opening them.
Care to prevent burns
- Avoid drinking hot drinks while you are with your child. Similarly, avoid cooking or doing any task that involves high temperatures while holding the baby.
- Quite calmly, always explain to the child that the kitchen is not the place to play and take it to the bedroom, its toys or another area where it can move freely. Even so, children when they start walking want to “win the world” and do not stop for a second. Therefore, when there are cookware on the stove, remember to turn all the cords to the inside so there is no possibility of the child pulling them.
Precautions to prevent falls
- In the child’s bedroom, keep the crib lower and lower as the child grows.
- Avoid using bunk beds, but if there is no option, be sure to protect the sides with grills.
- Do not use carpets because small ones may stumble or slip on the floor.
- When bathing the child, keep all the products you need to use close to you, so you do not have to go even for a second to get something. When the child is older and showering, invest in a non-slip mat for the stall area. Still do not leave him alone during the shower.
Care to avoid choking
- It may not be visually so beautiful, but ideally the child’s cradle does not contain toys or stuffed animals. The more “free” the space, the safer it is to sleep and the risk of the child choking at night is removed.
- Always (always) buy toys according to the child’s age group and the seal of the accident protection agency. Even if your child is already “pretty smart” do not give him toys that are not fit for his age. Small pieces can be swallowed out of curiosity, causing choking and choking.
My Healthy poke
Child Safety in the Home
4×4 SUVs in the Backwoods Apk v1.016
Accidents and Insurance
15 Ways to Avoid New York Probate
High Security Glazing
The handy guide for foreigners in taiwan
4×4 SUVs in the Backwoods Apk v1.016
Infographic: Children’s safety in the workplace
How parents and teachers can identify and help young …
16 PEOPLE WERE KILLED IN HEAD-ON COLLISION BETWEEN TAXI …
Have You Run Over A Cat?
State of Internet of things
South Florida Dog Attack Lawyer
Safe working on or near roofs
24 7 CCTV sign
Online Passport renewal service introduced in Pakistan …
24 7 CCTV sign
Insurance Companies Increasingly Deny Metal Roof Hail …